Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Recognize.

September 2. The beginning of the second month of tennis season. At this mid-point, I think it is a great point to look around us and recognize what God is doing with us right now.

- Nobody is injured badly anymore. I could stop here because this is a huge blessing after the trauma of the early season for me. We recognize that God is helping to protect our bodies right now.

- We are currently playing really well. The ability to play our best is a blessing that we'll gladly receive, and hope that it continues.

- The weather is gorgeous. This week again starts with sunny weather and another match we don't have to worry about rescheduling.

- Speaking of worry, I (as coach) don't have many pressing worries right now. Sure, I want to make sure we're getting better and sometimes I look too far ahead at matches and tournaments that I hope we do well in. But God has blessed me with a mental peace about the team right now. It's a good place to be!

- The team is a blessing. We are a fun group to be around. Practices are fun, matches are fun, tournaments are the best. JV guys came and rooted for our varsity, a couple of varsity guys came and rooted for the JV. When we unite as a team, that community that God has brought together is sweet.

Add your comments below. We'd love to share with each other as we recognize what God is doing presently in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!