Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Senior Statement: Angel Torres

Angel joined the tennis team his sophomore year, and I was excited. I had taught him in middle school, so I knew that he was a gentle and positive personality, someone who would be excellent to have on a team. Obviously, that is who he has continued to be and he has offered so much in terms of presence and personality.

First of all, have Angel around is uplifting. He is not a loud and rowdy person. He is very likely to be the person sitting off to the side of the conversation with a little, sly smile on his face. He’s likely not making the joke. But he does make everyone else feel comfortable.

Angel is also quiet most of the time, but I believe that he is a thinker. He pays attention. I know that I’ve seen this in his tennis game, because I will often feel like I’m not getting through to a whole group of players when instructing a stroke, and then Angel will walk out and attempt it just like I’ve shown. He is someone who quietly observes and enjoys the presence of those around him, learning from them and supporting them.

Angel is someone that others love to have around. Whether it is convincing him to come out for the team this year or picking him when we do drills in practice, people like to have Angel on their side. Maybe this is because he puts in a lot of work without drawing attention to himself, which makes him an easy teammate to have. I have been impressed by the quiet way he has a positive influence on everyone around him. For whatever great reason, Angel is a person that fills those around him with joy.

I am so grateful to have had Angel as a joyous part of our brotherhood.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!