Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Senior Statement: Kameron Branum

Kameron has to be one of the most positive Bruins ever. He always has a glad and kind word for the coaches. He supports his teammates and has joy in what they accomplish. I’ve probably never had another player enjoy practices so much. Kameron often comes up to me after practice to tell me how much he enjoyed it.

And I think that’s awesome. It feels like Kameron isn’t playing tennis to prove anything, or to show that he’s better. He’s just playing it because it’s fun and he likes hanging out with everyone. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved as a player. Kameron’s forehand has turned from an automatic out during his freshman year to a weapon this year. Kameron’s serve has increasingly improved each year.

But two things stick with me about Kameron, his unending hustle and his continual joy. On the tennis court, I love to hear him say “Alright, alright,” after his partner has made a mistake. Kameron always believes that they can get it back. I love to see Kameron sprint from one side of the court to the other to dig out a ball and keep a point alive. There have been so many moments of beauty.

Kameron seems so secure in who he is, that he brings joy to the world. I hope that always continues to be true about him. He has been a great brother for our team.

Verse: Psalm 16:9-11
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me ... You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!