Friday, September 21, 2007

Bethany Christian at Fort Wayne Wayne Invitational {Preview}

No that's not a misprint in the title. We are playing tomorrow at the Fort Wayne Wayne Invitational. Fort Wayne Anthony Wayne High School is the host, and the other teams are Fort Wayne Elmhurst and Wabash.

I'm really looking forward to this invitational. I don't know much about the teams, but I do know there will be a good chance for us to win this invitational. Wayne and Elmhurst are traditionally weak. Elmhurst has been at the Lakeland Invitational for years, and we've yet to play them because they normally have lost to Lakeland in the first round, who we've always beat in the final. So if that follows this year we shouldn't have a super difficult time in handling any Elmhurst players we face. This season, Wayne lost to Fremont 5-0. We beat Fremont 5-0. So again, not a big problem.

But there is good competition at this tournament, and it comes in the Wabash Apaches. The Apaches have a very good record (8-2) on the season, and I don't know much about them. I know a lot of their scores, but I don't know what there scores mean because we've played so few of the same opponents. Their losses have come to Manchester and to Mississinewa. They've beaten an opponent we've beaten as well, Rochester. Most recently they finished 2nd in the Knox Invitational and defeated Whitko 4-1 during the week.

In the Knox Invitational, they finished well in the singles positions, winning #2 and #3 and coming in 2nd at #1. I also know there lineup...

#1S - Anthony Griffith
#2S - Niko Macaluso
#3S - Frank Granger
#1D - Ryan Richman/Ethan Powell
#2D - Zach Sailors/Zac Frazier

So that's the information I have. What it tells me is that this match is going to be competitive. But I hope to come out of this battle with a title.

Info:

Start Time
9:00 AM

Location
Tillman Park
600 E. Tillman Rd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46816

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!