Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Seniors: Daniel Robles


Thinking of Daniel and tennis, I can always get a movie running in my head of his best points. In that mental video, Daniel is scrambling around the court, sliding for balls that are out wide, getting back and hitting from an awkward position, crushing the ball to an opponent’s backhand. When Daniel is playing his best, he is flying around the court, giving every ball his best effort.

That’s what I love most about Daniel. His heart. He is thoughtful, he is a worker, he loves the others around him. He is willing to sit and talk, to contemplate and listen. I’ve loved conversations with him at tennis camp, about movies or music or food. I’ve loved watching him give his heart to others. I’ve loved watching his effort come out on the tennis court.

Without a doubt, I’ll never forget the Jimtown match at the beginning of this season. Playing #3S for the varsity, the match came down to Daniel’s position. He would win it or lose it for the team. And it looked like he might lose, down 6-3 in a tiebreak. All of a sudden, Daniel’s heart and effort paid off, and he won 5 straight points to bring home a team victory.

I hope that Daniel is able to bring this effort and heart to the community around him in the name of Jesus. I hope that he continues to be sincere and honest and grow in his conversations with others. I know that he will always hope the best for others.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!