Sunday, September 1, 2019

Jimtown JV Invitational - Match Report - 2019

Note: I don't have all the details yet, so I'll fill them in when I get them :-)

Scores
Bethany Christian JV 4, NorthWood JV 1
Jimtown JV defeats Bethany Christian JV
Concord JV defeats Bethany Christian JV

Photos
Just this gem...

Match Recap
My wife and I are celebrating birthdays with a weekend away, so Coach Andrew was at this match, and I haven't gotten his thoughts yet. So instead of our thoughts on the match, here is the match report straight from the texts of the JV themselves. Obviously, not everyone sent texts, so this only represents some of what happened. I can't wait to hear the rest from you guys on Tuesday.


































































































































































You are accepted.
Before this match even began, I respected you guys so much. When I came to see the bus off, you were full of energy and ready to play. Even though you all knew that you wouldn't get a ton of matches in the day, nobody wanted to take the day off. I'm really proud of that attitude. It's great to see the joyful guys that you are!

You are sustained.
Today, we are sustained by these moments of joy...

1. People blossoming in both singles and doubles.
Often, players get in their mind which type of tennis they like to play more and then pretty much decide that's all they are able to play. We've got 8 out of our 13 players who have now won a singles match and a doubles match in this young season. That's amazing! You guys are developing versatility and enjoying both styles. That's well-rounded, and a joy to see!

2. People developing their shots and strengths.
Chris and Aaron are both beginning to dominate their serves. Matthew and Jim are controlling matches their forehands. Kameron and Theo are patrolling the net so well. And even more, Austin's overhead, Cameron accuracy, Breece's backhand, and Jacob, Jacob, and Josiah's forehands. In the texts that I got, some of you guys even highlighted how well things were going. It is awesome to have a go-to strength that you are confident in.

3. People continuing to learn and grow.
I love this JV's attitude of growth. We are always pushing, and that has made us a deep team. We got a good win today, but we also had spots for everyone to play. We watched each other, we learn from each other, we support each other! Nice job.

You are significant.
How have we used our God-given gifts to serve the needs of others?

Well, I don't know exactly how you served each other. But I know that you served me by sending me the scores. I love to know how you are doing, I'm thinking about it quite often actually. So it was cool that you took time to shoot out some thoughts. Thanks!

You have achieved.
We played 3 matches in one day. That is an achievement.
We won a match. That is an achievement.
We've made it halfway through the season. That is an achievement.
We are growing in our skills and confidence. That is an achievement.

Prayer
God, I pray that this team continues to push each other forward. I like the camaraderie that has developed instead of angsty competition against each other. May that continue as we keep playing this season. May you continue to provide good weather and freedom from injury. Thanks for all the things that I don't notice that You are doing behind the scenes.

Scores
v. NorthWood
#1SJV - Aaron Shenk - 9-7
#2SJV - Cameron Heinisch - 2-8
#3SJV - Breece Erickson - 8-2
#1DJV - Theo Siemens-Rhodes/Matthew Dyck - 8-6
#2DJV - Chris Craw/Kameron Branum - 8-4

v. Jimtown
#1SJV - Aaron Shenk - 2-8
#2SJV - Cameron Heinisch - 2-8
#3SJV - Jim Lyu?
#1DJV - Theo Siemens-Rhodes/Matthew Dyck - 8-9 (6)
#2DJV - Jacob Leininger/Jacob Shenk

v. Concord
#1SJV - Jim Lyu 
#2SJV - Xudong Sun
#3SJV - Josiah Schlabach
#1DJV - Aaron Shenk/Cameron Heinisch - 6-8
#2DJV - Chris Craw/Breece Erickson - 8-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!