Anyways, here's a list of early observations from camp:
- Our groundstrokes really look good when we are concentrated and swinging through with confidence
- We go through many stretches each practice where we are not concentrated
- The ability to stay focused and positive will be huge for this group, it's the number one mental aspect we need to develop
- A preliminary lineup is starting to take shape within my head.
- Mikey was afraid of the net two years ago when he started doubles. He dominates the net now.
- Our biggest weakness in singles is going for too much, too soon.
- Our biggest strength is when we settle down and play consistent groundstrokes.
- Some of our freshmen and new players are developing quickly, some are not. It's all about desire and focus.
- Julian and Matt ate 10 donuts between them the first day before lunch.
- Jake can't figure out who keeps stealing his donut holes (it's Kyle).
- Kyle and Seth know how to "Bring It," P90X style!
- Kyle Miller has never been found in three years of Hide-and-Go-Seek
- Some people on the team really like reading... that's cool.
- They really like reading vampire love stories... not cool.
- Jake = loudest snorer. Seth = wheeziest snorer. Kyle = inconsistent snorer. What a beautiful symphony they are.
- Andy Slagel throws really hard in dodgeball, Austin makes funny noises combined with jacked-up ninja moves, Evan crashes hard into folding chairs.
And on and on and on. Camp is going well, and hopefully we're all getting better. Until later...