Monday, September 11, 2017

Senior Statement: Braydon Harshberger

Braydon came to our team in his sophomore year, after a year at Northridge. What a blessing it has been to have a guy like Braydon on our team!

Braydon has always been a great example of desire and passion. One thing I’ve noticed about Braydon through the years I’ve known him is that he loves tennis. He’s the one who will text me during the US Open to see if I’m watching the same match as him. He’s often has helpful comments and observations when watching a match. He’s one that will go play any chance that he has. That love and exuberance for tennis is really contagious for me, and makes me love the game even more when I’m around Braydon.

Braydon also has a passion for improvement in tennis. And not just his own improvement, but he enjoys seeing everyone around him get better and encouraging them to do so. Braydon has worked hard at parts of his game. I can’t count the number of practices that I’ve seen him either getting out quickly to start working on his serve or staying late to hit a couple extra. And often he’s encouraging others to work hard and stay motivated. Sometimes his passion for improvement comes out as frustration at himself, but he always regroups and rebounds and comes back with great energy.

Probably the most endearing thing about Braydon though is his friendliness. Braydon wants to be a friend to anyone, especially those who need it most. At tennis camp, at school, on the tennis courts - wherever I see Braydon - he is always finding chances to be with people. He is always trying to find common interests, like our common interest in Star Wars. He is often smiling, joking, and becoming part of the conversation - with anyone.

Yes, there are so many other things to love about Braydon as a player and as a person. His big serve and forehand, his big smile and desire to please, his big love and knowledge of Star Wars, his big energy and belief in the good of the team, and ultimately - his big heart and willingness to befriend anyone. And that friendliness to all, that is a legacy that he is going to leave.

John 15:12, 15
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you... I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some input? Feel free to post below!